QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 4571|回复: 3

Jermaine wants to bring his kingdom to Armenia

关闭 [复制链接]
飘渺岛主 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-2-11 22:12:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
By Suren Deheryan ArmeniaNow reporter A press conference in Yerevan this week may have raised more questions than it answered. Among them: What is Jermaine Jackson doing in Armenia? Who is Jermaine Jackson? Excuse us if we can’t answer the first. Noah’s land enticed one of the Jackson Five to visit. Who will be next? You’re excused if you can’t answer the second. Anyway: If you spent too much time in front of MTV during a decidedly brief moment in American pop music history in the mid-1980s, you know that Jermaine Jackson is the voice on 12 solo albums between 1973-91. Remember such songs as: “Let’s Get Serious” or “Give a Little Love”? No? Remember Michael Jackson? Remember when he was black? Okay. Back in those days, he had a brother named Jermaine. He had three other brothers also, and together they made the Jackson Five. Remember “ABC”, “I Want You Back”, “One Bad Apple”, “Rockin’ Robin”? Remember LaToya? No? Janet? Okay. Brother Jermaine and his Afghan-native wife are in Armenia this week and plan to stay for two weeks. Says he’s here as a tourist. In February. At a somewhat surreal news conference Monday, journalists asked the kind of questions you ask someone when you really don’t know who he is or why he’s in front of you. Is it your first visit to Armenia? (Yes.) What are your impressions? (It’s a great place.) Etc. Then this stunning revelation: JermaineDon’tJustCallMeMichael’sBrother Jackson says he’s thinking about opening a “Jackson 5” musical complex. In Armenia. The King of Pop’s royal brother, age 52, is here, according to a press release “to get personally acquainted with the Armenian show-business market”. Living in California, Jermaine, naturally, has an Armenian business partner. Grigor Serobyan told the Jackson 5 bass player (not to be confused with Tito, who of course you remember) about Armenia back in the 1980s, when the brothers reunited for a world tour that was four Jacksons’ resurrection to momentary stardom, and the beginning of Michael’s descent into permanent weirdness. Asked if he knew any other Armenians, Jermaine told reporters: “Kirk Kirkorian”. Jermaine Jackson says the family has an intention to build complexes in Europe and Arabic countries, with concert halls and hotels and TV companies where world-famous super stars will give concerts. “Studying Armenia, I want to understand what similar complex is possible to open here,” said Jermaine. Serobyan, who was born in Armenia but hasn’t lived here for 30 years, says things are only in the talking stage now but: “If it’s possible to realize then the world’s superstars will come to Armenia and tell about this country all over the world.” The Related-to-King-of-Pop was aided by beauty queen Gohar Harutyunyan (Miss Armenia 1998) who said that interpreting for Jermaine and Mrs. Jackson was “not simply work, but a great pleasure”. At the end of press conference one of the reporters asked Jermaine to sing something from his hits. “When the complex opens, then I’ll sing,” he said.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

王者传奇

巴黎草莓

积分
QQ
发表于 2006-2-11 23:13:16 | 显示全部楼层
I've an expectation~~come on

主题

帖子

18万

积分

MJJCN参议员

出淤泥而不染

积分

特别贡献奖

发表于 2006-2-13 13:34:39 | 显示全部楼层
I think I will believe this one~~And I hope so~

主题

帖子

3万

积分

至尊天神

疯人院花园主管

积分
QQ
发表于 2006-2-16 01:30:43 | 显示全部楼层
Dynamite^_^
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入MJJCN

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|迈克尔杰克逊中文网(Michael Jackson Chinese Fanclub)[官方认证歌迷站] ( 桂ICP备18010620号-7 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:21