|
本帖最后由 viola_jean 于 2010-2-20 08:43 编辑
从30周年开始喜欢这首歌。喜欢diana ross. 翻译了一下,不正确的地方希望高手帮忙指正。
" Home" from movie 'THE WIZ'
by Diana Ross
When I think of home, I think of a place
当我想起家,我会想起一个
Where there's love overflowing.
充溢爱的地方
I wish I was home, I wish I was back there
我希望我一直在家,我希望我能回到那个
With the things I've been knowing.
一切我都熟悉的家.
Wind that makes the tall trees bend into leaning,
风把那些高大的树吹弯了腰
Suddenly the raindrops that fall have a meaning.
突然间掉落的雨点也有意义
Sprinkling the scene.
它们喷洒润湿了景致
Makes it all clean.
让一切都清新起来
Maybe there's a chance for me to go back
也许我有一个回家的机会
Now that I have some direction.
因为现在我有了方向
It sure would be nice to be back home
回家一定是非常美好的事情
Where there's love and affection.
因为那里有爱和祥和
And just maybe I can convince time to slow up,
也许我可以劝服时间慢一些走
Giving me enough time in my life to grow up.
给我足够的时间长大
Time, be my friend,
时间啊,请你做我的朋友
Let me start again.
让我重新开始
Suddenly my world's gone and changed its face.
突然间我熟悉的世界离去了,周围变换了面目
But I still know where I'm going.
但是我仍旧知道我将去向何方
I have had my mind spun around in space,
我的思绪在空间中盘旋着
And yet I've watched it growing.
我看着他们长大
If you're listening, God, please don't make it hard to know
如果你在听我说这一切,我的上帝,请不要让我们太难弄懂
If we should believe the things that we see.
是否我们应该相信那些我们看到的
Tell us, should we run away, should we try and stay,
告诉我们,我们应该离弃这里吗? 还是试图留下来?
Or would it be better just to let things be?
或者就让一切保留他原来的样子?
Living here in this brand new world might be a fantasy,
在这样一个新的世界里生活可能是一个幻想
But it's taught me to love, so it's real to me.
但它教会我怎样去爱,它对我来说是如此真实
And I've learned that we must look inside our hearts
我也学会了我们必须去探寻我们的心灵深处
To find a world full of love like yours, like mine.
去找寻一个如你我内心般充满爱的世界,
Like home.
一个和家同样温馨的世界.
"There I was, Dorothy, a shy Harlem kindergarten teacher, caught in a swirling blizzard, the chaos of my inner mind, and dropped into a scary wonderland. I have only my precious little dog Toto for a companion, and I must follow the yellow brick road to get home. Every step of the way is chock-full of metaphor, and the final message is positive and encouraging. It's about searching for something and then finding you've had it all along."
–DIANA ROSS
在这里,我就是多箩茜,一个害羞的黑人社区幼儿园教师.在一场奇异的旋风和自己内心的混乱中,被丢弃在一个令人感到恐惧的仙境中.我只有自己珍爱的小狗为伴,只能顺着黄砖铺就的道路回家.路上的每一站都充满了对现实生活的各种隐喻,这个故事最后所要传达的信息是积极和激励人心的.它告诉你,你一路都在寻找的东西,可能你最后会发现在旅途的过程中已经拥有了它.
-戴安娜 罗丝
[ Last edited by viola_jean on 2005-5-2 at 11:33 PM ] |
|